Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Ari Runs On Dunkin

 


Ari Runs On Dunkin.

In this cruel world there are many things that mean something to me. Everything is so pricey, not that many things are priceless. Friends for an example are priceless, well at true friends are priceless. My friend Ari is an example of a true friend. She may disappoint me sometimes, but everyone disappoints people in their life. Then there are the things in life that have a price tag. most of the everyday things in life are priced. Whether it be the coffee you get at Dunkin Donuts or the clothes that you wear every day.

When in get up every morning I always ask to go to Dunkin Donuts. Whenever I go I always get a medium coffee collata with whipped cream and a plain bagel toasted with cream cheese. That's what I look forward to on the weekends when I wake up. Sometimes I even get it twice a day, but when I go the second time I only get my collata. The bagel is just way much.


When I take a sip of my drink it tastes so good. The flavor is delicious. I don't really like regular coffee but for some reason I do like this. The whipped cream is the best part. That's the part I always sip up first. The bagel is also delicious. The only downside to it is that sometimes they put way too much cream cheese. I like my bagels nice and toasty.

Ari is such a good friend! She is always there for me. She can tell me anything without worry. She always tells me her problems in her life, but I don't mind. She might disappoint me sometimes, but everyone does it's just how life likes to be. Sometimes I even disappoint her. Whenever I do something stupid or childish she yells at me which is what a good friend should do.

We don't really hangout when we aren't in school, because our schedules don't really match up that well. We are only in two classes together which is a bummer. I wish we were in more together, that would be awesome. In the classes we do have together we always talk to each other. It's kind of hard in math because my math teacher is out to get me like always and doesn't let me talk to anyone. I'm isolated in a little island in the middle of know where. Ari and I always find a way to talk though. Nobody can keep us from talking to each other.

These two items don't really have that much in common. One thing they have in common is that they both make my life amazing. If all of a sudden Dunkin ran out of business and Ari had to move my life would be terrible. If I never met Ari or Dunkin never existed I would have a humongous hole in my life.

Obviously these two things are completely different. One is a restaurant and one is a living thing. Dunkin is located all around America. If you don't know there famous quote here it is: "America runs on Dunkin." Ari is one person that lives in South Hadley, Ma. Dunkin could just randomly go out of business and never sell again, Ari is just a single person who I don't think is just going to drop dead(that would be terrible).

I value these items in many different ways. I value Ari as a person. I wouldn't value her as dirt. She obviously isn't dirt, she is a person a real life person. Dunkin Donuts isn't a living thing so I'm going value it differently. I value it as a restaurant. It is a restaurant, why wouldn't i value it as that.

Value is different for everybody. Everybody values everything different. Not that many people have things that they can value. A homeless person might value a blanket as the best thing in the world. As someone who is a multimillionaire doesn't really value the little things in life. They have everything they want. They probably don't even use blankets they just put their house temp. up as high as they want. They can afford it, they can afford anything they want. They don't even need everything they need. A person who lives in a box in an alley in a city might be living a pretty good life. They might want to live somewhere warmer if they are somewhere cold. They might want three warm meals a day. Everything I have value. I might not need everything I have, but I still value it. That is what I value in my life and what value means to me.

5 comments:

  1. 1 Ari and D&D
    2 Ari is described better in my opinion.
    3 Your organization and detail are your biggest strengths.
    4 Dunken Donuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your writing skills are really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Nick values going to dunkin donuts and getting a bagel with a coolatta. He also values his friend ari. I think he more strongly values his friend ari.
    2. Nick described his coffee and bagel from Dunkin Donuts more.
    For example "When I take a sip of my drink it tastes so good. The flavor is delicious." this showed how much he described having a bagel and coffee from dunkin donuts.
    3.His strength is the organization of the essay and the way he had the paragraphs. It made it easier to read.
    4. To maybe add more detail to the different ways you value ari and coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1.Your writing piece is very well put together. You really love Dunkin like me and we are bff`s with ari
    2. Your description of the bagel was very well written i could taste it.
    3. Keep up the good work, your descriptions are perfect.
    4. Just remember commas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol , oh my god Nick .
    That's very sweet though :)You did good !

    ReplyDelete